Friday, February 27, 2009

Sugar Sweet

This heart is Betsy Evans's design and tatted by me. The "chain" is just a bunch of split rings. (I LOVE doing split rings! Now if only I could figure out cplit chains...) The back is tied with a small white ribbon. I made this a child size, and by tying the ribbon in the back tighter or looser, it can fit any size child. The ribbon can be trimmed shorter for a smaller neck.


The photo was taken in my bathroom, so the light is a little dim and off color.
- - - - > On another note, I was approached by a shop owner yesterday. She told me of a jewelry store she is opening in late March. She is going to have a section for local artists and wanted me to put some of mine in her store. Ah.........I wasn't quite sure what to say. She asked for a business card, etc. I told her I was strictly small potatoes, really not much, even in inventory. She said that was okay, gave me her card and told me to call her. Wow! That was pretty cool.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

very pretty necklace. and it's a good start to perhaps something great. give it a go, i'd say.

all the best!

Anonymous said...

So pretty. I love the ribbon detail at the back.

Unknown said...

Very pretty heart motif! Split rings are fun to do, aren't they? I have only done 2 split chains and I am in no rush to do another one, LOL!