Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Makin' "lace"






























We (humans) are not the only species making lace. Found this little guy on a bush in my front yard. I'm actually quite proud of myself, seeing as I am DEATHLY afraid of spiders. My kids got very excited and called this a "writing" spider. (Charlotte's Web?)

Just thought I would share since I can't show my tatting. I am making a mess of things. I am trying to do the mask that is online and following the pattern. But I found a couple of mistakes or something. The pictures and written pattern don't always match. After the second round, the thing is looking pretty haphazard. So I took out the wires for the eyes and am going to finish the pattern up. Then, I will sit down with the written pattern and the tatted mask and figure out where in it I can make some changes (increase or decrease ds) to make it fit the face right/better.

No comments: