Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I am Addicted....

....to tatting. I've taught myself by watching videos online and reading books. I love it because it is small enough to take in my small purse and they won't kick me off the plane for having long knitting needles. But I had trouble with my thread constantly breaking. It was creating more hassle than joy to make even a small flower pattern. Until now.

I was picking up a shuttle at a store and mentioned my problem. The lady just GAVE me a half used ball of thread and said try this. I am so hooked!!! I made an entire choker for my neice and the thread didn't break once!!!!!!!! I am sooooooooooo excited. I went right back and bought more thread from the nice folks. OMGosh!!! I can't wait to get started on the next project. With thread that doesn't break I might even be tempted to go for a big project.....

If you are in the Raleigh/Cary area of North Carolina, stop by and visit Shuttles, Needles & Hooks. They are located at 214 E. Chatham St. Phone number: 469-9328.

And the thread that I used is DMC "Cordonnet special." I love it.

Sorry for sounding like a commercial, but I just had to give a shout out to the nice folks at SHUTTLES, NEEDLES & HOOKS. Yep, another shameless plug. Okay, gotta go tat.

2 comments:

Marilee Rockley said...

Ahh, DMC Cordonnet Special - my personal favorite thread, too! The Shuttles, Needles and Hooks shop sounds absolutely wonderful. How lovely it would be if every town had a tatting shop!

Unknown said...

Hi I'm TattingChic and I'm a tat-o-holic, too! Welcome to my T.A. (Tatoholics Anonymous) group, LOL! How very, very cool that you have an actual shop devoted to tatting near you! I have never had the luxury. You go right ahead and advertise away! Thank you for joining my "follower's" list! I'm glad you did or I wouldn't have found you! I hope you visit often! :)