Saturday, April 17, 2010

Back to the real World

Vacation was greats! Spent the time at my late grandmother's house in the Florida Keys with 5 families. With a dozen kids running around, it was wonderful to sit back and relax without the responsibility of my children. Got to work on the veil a bit, finished all the books I took with me, did lots of puzzles, drank a little wine, had some laughs, enjoyed some great food (mostly cooked by others,) played a lot of volleyball, and generally had a lot of fun.

I took a number of extra shuttles and largest threads I had, just in case somebody wanted to try. I got one taker, one young boy about 10yrs old. He actually did pretty well for his first try. Much better than I would have thought someone his age would do at first. But the Wii was calling and he was off and running.

This is the view I awoke with every day from my bed in the master bedroom! I know now why granddaddy designed the house to sit the way it does. The sun (and moon) rises right over the bridge behind those three palms. What a wonderful way to greet each morning. I think it might have the ability to make me a morning person after all these years!!! * * * S I G H * * *

Life sorta seems humdrum after that.....(-:

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful view! I hope your recharged and ready to tackle every day life.