Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pearl Tatting - my first attempt


I got inspired by this necklace of Umi & Tsuru's and thought I would try it also. I worked with what I had on hand in threads and beads. Not bad, if I do say so myself. It is just long enough to slip over my head, but in case someone doesn't want to mess up their hair, I put a large tatted ring on one end and the flower on the other end. The flower is crocheted from the same thread and easily folds in half and passes through the tatting ring. The short piece of tatting is my "try" to see stitch count, etc. I think I will add a clasp and make it a bracelet.

Now, which neice or friend should I give it to? Hmmm . . . Ooo, I got it. I have a cousin who's oldest is turning 10. I wonder if she would like it? *** Big Smile *** Off to the post office, lickety split, for the birthday in on Friday.

2 comments:

Jane Eborall said...

Ooooh, that's SO pretty. LOVE the colours too.

H J Hess said...

Looks very nice. Love the flower as a clasp!
.