Friday, September 17, 2010

It is done and now I am done!


Whew!!! Finally! I can not believe howmuch"stuff" and trash I threw out! And only about 1/4 was mine. So now I can say this:

Mom, I cleaned my room (and have photos to prove it.) And yes, I vacuumed too! Can't wait to repaint these walls.







And I did the sunroom, also. Don't mind the corner of the base for the dogs' crate. It is a lot smaller than it looks against the background of the room.



There were a couple of nights, when I couldn't take it any more and had to sit down and ignore
the mess. So I tatted. Yea! Is this an addiction I need to worry about? I tatted up Yarnplayer's
"Remembrance" in a multi-coloured size 80 thread. I like how it turned out. Then I tried a butterfly by Edda Guastalla in the same thread. I like it in the multi colours (that's for you, Jane!)


I did this off-white a few days before the big cleaning. I can't remember where I saw it and can't find it now. If you know, tell me and I will give credit where it is due. It was done as a bracelet, which I think is great and I might do one for myself in the future. But I am in a "secret angel" exchange for the next year and I thought it would make a decent bookmark. I usually like to make the more delicate items or jewelry, but my exchange person is a male and I don't think my little jewelry would be what he wants. (Although, he is married, so maybe his wife would like it? But I'm sure he makes stuff for her all the time.) Any suggestions would be welcomed!


And now, since we have a GREAT (read sarcasm) timetable for when the carpet cleaners are coming some time between now and when they quit work for today, I am heading for Redbox. I am going to treat myself to a $1 movie and sit on my couch in the kitchen and tat. What? You ask why there is a couch in my kitchen? That's simple: because there was no more room in the dining room to put it. See?!?